Pottery Cascades™ are non-toxic, free flowing glazes used to produce special effects or flow patterns when used in combinations with other non-toxic glazes. Pottery Cascades™ are not intended to be used alone.
PC-602 White Cascade intermingles with the other glazes being used, introducing pure white to the colors you are using, blending with the color. PC-602 White Cascade has a minimum movement and will stay in the pattern that you apply it in. PC-603 Amber Cascade and PC-604 Black Cascade perform the same as PC-602 White Cascade. PC-601 Clear Cascade produces a flowing effect, and allows the color of the base glaze to show through. It can also alter your original color, creating a new color. It will form runs or you can direct the runs when you apply the product.
Pottery Cascades™ should be used in combination with other non-toxic glazes; using a leaded product with Cascades will create stress on the piece during firing and crack the piece. For best results, use with Elements™, Classic Crackles™, Crystalites™, Stroke & Coat® and Pottery Coat™ bases.
Product Features, Benefits and Application Recommendations:
- Apply PC-602 White Cascade, PC-603 Amber Cascade and PC-604 Black Cascade with a brush in 1-3 coats. Can be dabbed on at random,evenly or unevenly, to create different flow patterns using a sea wool sponge, Chore Boy™ or Tuffy™ sponge.
- PC-601 Clear Cascade should be brushed on as you would apply a glaze. Apply 1-2 brushed coats over or under a non-toxic glaze. Do not go below the halfway point of the piece to preven glaze from running off the piece. Fire to shelf cone 06.
- Can be applied between color, underneath and over colors for different effects.
- Shape of the piece affects the performance of the glaze.
- Firing temperature, ramp rate and a soaking period may enhance the flow patterns.
- Avoid excess color toward the bottom of the piece to prevent drips from forming on the bottom of pieces.
- Pottery Cascades are luster compatible.
- Clean brushes with AC-525 Brush Cleaner and warm water.