WHEEL CHAIR ACCESSIBLE!
The Brent No. 16 is the ideal wheel for use in any rehabilitation program. It is a variable speed power wheel with a frame that was designed in coordination with leading rehabilitation and therapy experts. The No. 16 wheel makes throwing on a wheel possible for persons who otherwise would not have the opportunity. Possibilities include use with a wheel chair, a standard stool, or while standing up. The No. 16 wheel can handle 150 lbs. of clay continuously. The Brent No. 16 wheel includes the Brent Classic Controller with these features:
- Optimal torque at all speeds -- wheel speed remains constant under varying loads for smooth feel and full control.
- Quiet operation -- filtered SCR technology is very quiet and does not cause interference on AM/FM radios.
- EZ-feel toggle switches -- on/off and forward/reverse switches are easy to locate. Forward/reverse switch has neutral safety position to assure somooth transitions when changing directions.
- EZ-to-read indicator light -- protrudes from control box for viewing from potter's stool.
- Easy to service modular connections -- for motor and foot pedal aid in the unlikely event of repair or replacement.
- Reversible electronic speed control -- assures maximum torque and smooth response.
Additional features of the No. 16 include:
- Handles 150 lbs. continuously
- Adjustable -- a crank mechanism adjusts the height of the 12" cast aluminum throwing head from 21" to 35"
- Mobile -- The No. 16 wheel fits through any 36" door and rolls into position easily on its hard rubber casters.
- Stationary during throwing -- Four rubber feet raise the casters off the floor to hold wheel in place and level the wheel
- Heavy-duty construction -- frame and table are all welded steel
- Variable speeds -- Speeds from 0 to 240 rpm can be controlled by the hand lever/foot pedal which can be placed on the floor or clamped in position on the handy tray at the side of the table
- Automatic Belt Tensioning -- keeps the 4-groove poly-v drive belt tight for maximum performance
- Powerful -- A 1/2 hp, 5 amp motor allows the user to work with up to 150 lbs. of clay
- Reversible -- Operates either clockwise or counterclockwise to accommodate both right and left handed throwers
- FREE Splash pan
- FREE 12" Plasti-bat
- FREE "How to Throw on a Potter's Wheel DVD
Dimensions: 38"w x 46"d x 36"h
Shipping Weight: 287 lbs