This is a true Cone 10 Test Kiln.
Unlike most test kilns the GlazeTech is designed to run on
240V but still only requires a 20Amp breaker (208V models
require a 30Amp breaker). This gives us the power we need
to design a truly useful chamber size. It's square design
makes it perfect to fire test tiles on multiple levels and with
it's 9" depth you can actually test short cylinders to see how
your glaze performs on a vertical surface.
The GlazeTech now has a brand new controller that allows you to fire Glass and Ceramics. It even has built in programs for Precious Metal Clay. The perfect controller for any of your testing or other small firing needs. Here is what you get:
- GlassFire Mode allows you to write a program simply by choosing your technique and the speed. It's that easy!
- ConeFire Mode allows you to fire Ceramics simply by entering the Cone Value, Firing Speed and Hold Time.
- PMC Mode is even easier. All you enter is the type of Metal Clay you are using and press start.
- Write your own firing programs with up to 8 Segments using Ramp and Hold. Now you can store up to 5 programs.
- Adjust temperatures or hold times while the kiln is firing using Add Time or Add Temp or simply select Anneal Now to set your project and begin annealing it.
Chamber: 14.5" opening, 9" deep, 1.1 cu. ft.
Copper Wire Size: 12
Breaker Size: 20
NEMA Receptacle Configuration: 6-20
Copper Wire Size: 10
Breaker Size: 30
NEMA Receptacle Configuration: 6-30